Tuesday, December 1, 2009

TV, Turkey and Tree

I thought it was time to post a little update about life in the Whiting house. To start out, Nick got an early Christmas present, he is the proud daddy of a new 40' LCD TV. As mentioned in a prior post he has wanted this TV for a very long time. I must say that I am really impressed with the quality of the picture and enjoy watching movies on it a lot more than our previous 20' junker. The high def is SO intense we can see the sweat on Deron Williams face (player for the Utah Jazz)
This year Thanksgiving was wonderful- mostly due to the fact that I didn't have to work all weekend. We were planning on having dinner with my family... but long story short, I ended up inviting Nick's family to join my family for dinner, it was a Demke/Whiting festival of feasting. The day was a little crazy and stressful but as always, my Mom's culinary skills provided us with another delicious Thanksgiving dinner. It was a nice opportunity to cook in the kitchen next to my Mom, I aways learn something new from her.



Now that Thanksgiving was over, I was finally able to put up my Christmas decorations! Apparently there is some sort of rule that Christmas can't start until AFTER Thanksgiving (I broke that rule beginning of November when FM 100 started playing Christmas music). With a little love and some discounted items from Roberts Craft and Target, I was able to turn my sad little Charlie Brown tree into something decent. I'm rather proud of our first Christmas tree.

Finally, we decided that we wanted to send out a Christmas card this year and what Christmas card isn't complete without the perfect family picture.

A little help from Saver's throw in some major bang curl and a big bow and you have a very merry 1990 flashback Christmas!

6 comments:

  1. I just love this posting. That flashback picture is quite disturbing, bless your heart... but I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha!! I love that picture so much! Please send me one. You two are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is HILARIOUS! I love that picture. So great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you did that picture for your christmas cards!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahah!! Amber you always crack me up. What a hoott--I had to take a double take--blast from the past! I'm glad you still have those bows :) i LOVE your blog (fun pages!), your tree, your cute house--YOU are so darling!! Hope you and your fam are doing well! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS i really love your console table and nativity :) Is that a now item? I'm glad. You are such a cute wife! Yay for domesticity and mommy prepping skills!

    ReplyDelete