Saturday, January 5, 2013

2013 gonna be lean

I've been running for almost 3 years and I love it. My intention was never to loose weight (although that became a welcome side effect) I just needed something in my life that I had control over, a goal I could set, reach, even excel. Infertility is hard, it takes away all sense of control and damages your feelings of self worth and confidence as a woman, that's our whole purpose in life is to bear children and when that's taken away.....then what? For a month during the IVF process I wasn't allowed to do any high impact activity, raise my heart rate or body temp. I had to be on bedrest and when I wasn't on bedrest I just lied around and watched TV. Then we found out that it didn't work and I sank into a depression and didn't do anything for weeks. I became a fat lazy slug! Oh how I missed running and being active, I promised myself that I would never let myself become inactive.
In Sept I started doing CROSSFIT
I had heard from my sister (who introduced it to me) that it was crazy hard but I figured I was in pretty good shape from running- boy was I wrong! Crossfit optimizes fitness by doing constantly varied functional movements at high intensity, basically it's cardio and weights combined to make a workout that kicks your butt! I LOVED IT! I've had a personal trainer in the past but this was unlike anything I've ever done before. After time I found myself lifting weights I never thought possible ( I can bench press 75lbs, deadlift 85lbs) and finishing WODs (Workout Of the Day) that seemed impossible. Not to mention the "side effect" of a better looking body. I lost 3.5% body fat in 3 months! Two years ago I was a size 8, I'm now a size 4!!
150 wall balls with 14lb medicine ball in under 20 minutes!
150 Overhead walking lunges 15lb plate
My butt was soooo sore!
I'm still running (that will always be my first love) and crossfit has helped me be a better runner. 4 months til my first half marathon of 2013 and I'm excited to set a new PR!
Yep...pretty much sums up 2013




2 comments:

  1. Good for you beautiful lady! Keep moving forward, trust in the Lord and His timetable. He has big plans for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You signed up for SLC! You will love that course...it's a fun race! You look skinny in your pictures. Way to work out!

    ReplyDelete