Sunday, November 27, 2011

So Much to be Thankful for...

I didn't have to work this Thanksgiving and it was so nice to have a 4 day weekend to spend with family.  Even though this has been a hard year, it has also been filled with many blessings.  I am so thankful for my Savior Jesus Christ, His atonement and the restored Gospel, it has brought peace and comfort and been the light during my dark times. Very close second is my best friend, my eternal companion and my #1 support, my WONDERFUL AMAZING husband. I am so grateful for family and good friends. I have had a few friends come into my life this year that have been heaven sent (you know who you are). We have been blessed to have good health, this year the Dr told Nick he was officially cancer free and considered cured-this is a HUGE milestone. The list goes on and on, I feel very humble and grateful.
 We ran a 4 mile turkey trot Thursday morning (thankful for the nice weather). I was able to keep a good pace (9:30 mile) and ran it in 38:08. Nick finished in 36:14 and his sister Lisa ran it in 27:12 !!  It was my family's turn for Thanksgiving dinner this year, we had my cousins Austin and Ethan (at BYU-I) and Chelsey and Kylie (at BYU) all siblings from Chicago join us. There was plenty of yummy food
Friday Nick and I put up our Christmas tree and decorations (YAY!!) Saturday the Whiting family went out to dinner at the Lion House and then looked at the lights on Temple Square (again thankful for the nice weather)

No comments:

Post a Comment