Saturday, December 31, 2011

Domestic-ness

For Christmas this year I got this beauty:
I've been wanting one for years. Nick went in with my Mom and got it for me and I'm in L.O.V.E I have been in the kitchen non-stop (too bad I'm not barefoot and pregnant). 
My first attempt (EVER) at baking bread, my Mom's been baking bread for years but I was never interested in learning how (just eating it-d'oh!) After a few phone calls to my Mom during the process, I was happy (and so was Nick) with the end result, nothing like fresh warm bread with butter/honey or homemade jam- YUMMY!  (Wheat Bread Recipe)
Yesterday was my sister's birthday and I made her RED VELVET CUPCAKES with cream cheese frosting
I've tried homemade cupcakes before but they've never turned out quite right, I don't know if I've been over mixing (using a hand mixer-bah!) or if it's because we live at a high altitude. Either way these cupcakes turned out so moist and delicious (Red Velvet Cupcake Recipe)  I melted some red chocolate in a piping bag and made little hearts (because I heart her!) 
Happy Birthday Chrissy!
One last thing:
ONLY 3 WEEKS til my HALF MARATHON!!
Good thing I have something to train for right now with all this baking going on.  Ran 9 miles yesterday and the temp was in the 40s....in December....and I loved every minute of it :)

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm! The baking sounds delicious! Great job on your 9 mile run...you LOVED every minute of it:)!!!! That is extraordinarily awesome! Keep it up. You will rock your half marathon!

    ReplyDelete