Tuesday, May 15, 2012

"You're Like a Mother"

A few months ago, during a difficult time, I decided that I wasn't going to go to Church on Mother's Day this year.  I just didn't have the emotional strength to sit through it and I didn't want to make a fool of myself (and draw unwanted attention) by crying through all the meetings.  I told Nick and he gently told me that he would support me in what ever decision I made.  
Like the hymn "Each Life that Touches Our for Good"  I have a few very special friends who, unknowingly, have helped me through their examples faith.  Not all of their trials are similar to mine (although a few are) but each one of them have found peace through their faith in a lovingly Heavenly Father.  Long story short: My Mom was asked to speak in sacrament meeting and I was asked to teach RS (so much for not going to church!)  
The lesson in RS was on prayer and "opening your soul to the Lord in prayer."  As I was preparing the lesson during the week one of the suggested questions for the teacher was "What would you say to someone who feels that her prayers have gone unanswered?"  So as to not drag this out too long, a lot of pouring out my soul to the Lord, scripture study and discussions with my wonderful husband occurred.  I felt the love of my Savior and Heavenly Father stronger than I have in a long time. 
Sunday was a beautiful May day and we went to my parents ward. The bishop had asked each speaker to remember all women in every circumstance.  My Mom did a wonderful job as well as the other speakers. One of the sisters shared from this talk given by Ardeth G Kapp who was a member of the presidency of the General Young Women's. TALK: "You're Like a Mother"
I'm so grateful for all the women in my life who have helped me, strengthen me, encouraged me and just been there for me.  I am so grateful for my wonderful Mother, Mother-in-Law (who raised a wonderful son) Grandmother and Great-Grandmother who all have been examples of righteous women.



No comments:

Post a Comment